Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Writing Prompts 1

Happy Halloween!  Here is my greeting to you all for a safe Halloween filled with lots of wonderful things.             




Make sure you check out this poem by Donna Pflueger called, "The Autumn Witch of Oak Creek Canyon." 

For our creative writing prompts today, we will reflect on things in the spirit of the supernatural.  Give yourself the freedom to explore things that are out of the ordinary.

Here are some starters, and you can use them to write a poem, story, essay, song, or anything you would like:


1.  When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam. . .
2.  The laughter I heard was like. . .
3.  The moon glowed with wicked radiance. . .
4.  All of a sudden, my friends were gone and . . .
5.  There was something funny about that cat. . .
6.  I never believed in ghosts until. . .
7.  She always wondered what it would be like to fall in love with a vampire. . .
8.  He had no idea he was falling in love with a witch. . .

And last, but not least, "It was a dark, stormy night. . . " (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it just might be a "dark and stormy night" tonight. I like that first choice. I already did halloween on both thefeatherednest and youngish but I may have to do one more halloween post....that line is haunting me.

    ReplyDelete

I only ask that all comments be polite and constructive.